I am one third of the way through my very first 30 for 30...let's take a look BEHIND THE SCENES (oooh, aaah) at how I've been doing.
The item I have worn the MOST OFTEN: My black Steve Madden boots. Really, no one can be surprised by this.
The item I have worn SECOND MOST OFTEN: My new black and brown cardigan--this is most likely because a. It's relatively new, and b. It's warm and the weather is super chilly.
The items I HAVE NOT YET WORN (shock and horror):
1. My brown Giusti boots (mainly due to the vast amounts of rain, and my reluctance to wear new leather and suede boots out in said rain).
2. Tan Trench H&M skirt: this is a weekend/evening only skirt (not work-appropriate due to the shortness) and so it's remixability is limited. *sniff* I hope to wear it in the weekends left to me, however!
3. Blue Language Los Angeles shirt and
4. Pinstriped 6 Degrees Button-down shirt:both of these are short sleeved and I just haven't gotten around to wearing them yet.
5. Orchid Martin & Osa silk dress: how? I don't know. MUST WEAR!
6. Black H&M blazer: I had to do a double take for this one. Weird. This must be due to my recent love-affair with my black and brown cardigan. Note to self: Spread love around!
7. Grey Gap long-sleeve shirt: I grabbed this mainly as a layering piece and have found myself reaching for my black Kiabi long-sleeve more often because it's thicker and fits better. Hey, the truth hurts grey gap long-sleeve shirt!
8. Black Tricot Jolie knit shirt: it's short sleeve and I'm cold. I sense a trend...
Well, there you have it--out of 30 items, over 25% of them I have not worn yet! For shame! Although I will say that almost all of them have not been worn because they are NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THE WEATHER. I need warmer clothing. Or to gain a layer of blubber like a walrus. Note to self...
I think my favorite outfit is either number 6 (I love how soft everything looks!) or number 2. My least favorite is definitely number 3--it doesn't have anything special or fun about it. I was trying to go for geeky pretty, but just achieved awkward. Oh well, live and learn! :) I enjoy compiling all of my pictures together like this, I can really see my overall trends. For example, I didn't notice how I almost always wear black shoes! Also, it's obvious how I love my neutrals with pops of red (and occasionally teal, or a dark neutral-y purple).
What outfits do you enjoy the most? Which ones do you think I could improve on, and how? Have you noticed any trends in your wardrobe? Finally, am I the only one who has items she hasn't yet worn in this 30 for 30 challenge?