Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Four Ways To Wear Episode 12: Black Silk Shirt

Whenever I see something by Banana Republic at the Goodwill, a little bell goes off in my head. On the whole, I love BR items more than is usual for any particular brand. Of course, at the Goodwill I can find a whole variety of non-flattering BR items, but still--every once and again I find something like this. I found this silk/viscose blend shirt and it jumped from the rack into my hand before I had realized what had happened. I tried it on and it was perfection. I tried to rationalize--Plummy, how many black shirts do you have? Plummy, what about trying other, non-black and non-gray neutrals? But it was all for naught as I decided that this shirt had to belong to meeee! I'm glad I did decide to take it home--it will replace one of my other black shirts, which I rarely wear anymore because it is looking a bit worse for wear. Anyways, enough blabbing, you want the goods! Here is my Four Ways To Wear for this shirt!

The Candidate: A black BR shirt I found at the Goodwill.

The Goal: A long-lasting, high quality black shirt that will be able to skew both casual and professional.

The Results:

IMG_1430
Shirt: BR via Goodwill
Pants: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Shoes: Naturalizer via Goodwill

IMG_1435
Shirt: BR via Goodwill
Long-sleeved shirt: Kiabi shirt from France
Skirt: I.N.C. via Goodwill
Scarf: Goodwill
Tights: Hue (sadly ripped and rarely worn now)
Boots: Steve Madden

IMG_1442
Shirt: BR via Goodwill
Long-sleeved shirt: Kiabi shirt from France
Skirt: H&M via Plato's Closet
Scarf: Gift
Tights: Hue (sadly ripped and rarely worn now)
Boots: Steve Madden

IMG_1447
Shirt: BR via Goodwill
Long-sleeved shirt: Kiabi shirt from France
Dress worn as Skirt: Forever 21
Tights: Hue (sadly ripped and rarely worn now)
Boots: Steve Madden

The Verdict: It's black. It's silk. It's Banana Republic. Of course I am in love!

2 comments:

  1. Great find! That shirt looks like it'll go with everything, and I looove Banana Republic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love the quality of BR...and how often they use silk or silk blends! (I'm a sucker for soft fabrics)

    ReplyDelete