Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fifteen Past the Hour

I bought this bright green scarf the same time I bought this purple one, and while this green one doesn't fit so perfectly in my color scheme I still love having it in my arsenal. When I am tired of wearing the same colors I always do (see: cranberry, purple, neutrals, teal, zippy red color) I pull out this scarf for a different look. The pink and purple in the scarf tie into some key pieces in the rest of my wardrobe, but the dominant color scheme is different and gives me a dose of new color without having to coordinate a new piece of clothing into my existing wardrobe. It's a win/win/win situation for me. :)

Do you have any pieces that you reach for to break out of your color routine?
Am I insane for thinking that this is so different from the rest of my wardrobe (my senses may have been dulled by prolonged exposure to burgundy...)?
Is it obvious that I am absolutely freezing in the last photo (but was determined to get a shot without my wrap)?


IMG_1670

IMG_1678

IMG_1672
Dress: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Wrap: Chico's
Scarf: Unknown via Goodwill
Tights: Hue
Boots: Steve Madden

2 comments:

  1. I love the color combo in this outfit! I know I definitely am drawn to the same colors in my closet over and over. And then I know I don't even own some, like I don't think there's a single red or orange thing in my closet. I should work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I am like that too--I have practically nothing orange or yellow, plus no pastels or neons. I used to have some of those colors, but I find that I just never wear them!

    ReplyDelete