Sunday, November 21, 2010

Link-spiration!

Well, it is officially snowing so hard that school (which is on top of a mountain) has been canceled...so that means it's time for this week's edition of Link-spiration! Most likely due to the fact that I am having thrift-shopping withdrawals, most of the links this week are vintage or thrift-inspired. Enjoy!


Sally Jane Vintage is a virtual gold-mine of thrifting inspiration. I don't know how she does it, but she always finds the cutest high-quality thrift items. I especially love this vintage wool coat with a zip-apart hood that she found this week!






















I loved Liz's post on Scholar Style Guide this week on being in a style rut and how to break out of one. There is an interesting discussion in the comments on pattern-mixing, getting yourself out of a rut and planning outfits ahead of time.

I think I am probably the last person in the blogosphere to find the Clothes Horse, but I finally did and her style is so cute! Girly without being over the top, always with plenty of vintage inspiration. I loved this post she did about all the ways she remixed this neutral dress--particularly fitting, considering that we are close to the two thirds mark on the 30 for 30.























I loved the casual-yet-still-professional look of this outfit on Unusual Form, a fellow remixer. We all know of my love of the color gray, and she pairs it with a punchy yellow (I would have never thought that color would be so professional!) and a belt that I am in love with. Yes, both are thrifted. Please, I just want to get back to my thrift stores, ok?

Enjoy, drool over the pretty pictures, and then get back to your 30 items to finish this challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Plummy! I'm glad you enjoyed reading the post-- I also really enjoyed reading everyone's comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Sally Jane Vintage, shes one of my daily reads....love your coat..and of course the scarf is fabulous:) Great style!!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I will definitely stop by your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete