Friday, November 19, 2010

Fourteen in a Fortnight

After wearing jeans yesterday, I felt compelled to wear a 'high-energy' pretty outfit today. I broke out these boots for the first time in this challenge and took another item off my 'I put it in my 30 items but still haven't worn it' list. I love these boots, and theoretically they are versatile (brown knee-high boots that fit), but when you put them into practice they take a bit more doing. Of course, they passed my Four Ways to Wear test (see: Episode 10), so they can't be all that bad. :)

Tip of the Day: Since it's been freezing over here, I have been layering like crazy. To keep all of my layers from moving around, I tuck them all into my tights and they stay put! Here, I have a long-sleeve base layer shirt, a pink silk shirt, and my cardigan all tucked into my tights (with my underarmour underneath it all!). I didn't have to worry about anything sliding around on me all day!

IMG_1651

IMG_1657

IMG_1649

Base gray long-sleeve shirt: Gap via Plato's Closet
Pink shirt: Banana Republic via BR Outlet
Cardigan: Unknown via Goodwill donation pile
Skirt: Brass Plum via Goodwill
Base layer on legs: Underarmour
Top layer on legs: tights by Hue via Plato's Closet
Boots: Giusti via Goodwill

6 comments:

  1. I love that shirt with the tie so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I also love it--it was one of those items that just immediately clicked for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came over to your blog via Kendi's list of remixers. I love what I'm seeing here. That blouse is gorgeous, and I dig the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweater with two stripes on the sleeve.
    I'm glad to see you are still braving the elements for outside pictures. It is getting cold here in Portland, but I am still trying to do it outside, too!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love those boots! They're so striking -- what a find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for all the lovely compliments! :) I am also a huge fan of my boots--I was doing a dance of joy when I tried them on and they fit. ^^

    ReplyDelete