Sunday, November 28, 2010

Catch-Twenty Two

IMG_2014

This is what I wore for Thanksgiving dinner (a backlogged outfit that I am finally posting). It's ok...but it's not great. I am still posting it, however, because it is a great example of why this is called DEVELOPING Style, and not Plummy: Life of Glamour and an Eternally Fantastic Wardrobe. I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with the outfit though. I think it's a bit top heavy? With no patterns and no single focal point of interest? Is it the lack of accessories? Readers, please help!

IMG_2017
I still love my shoes though!

Sweater Dress: Rhapsody via Ross
Long-Sleeve Shirt: Kiabi via France
Tights: Hue via Plato's Closet
Shoes: Naturalizer via Goodwill
Sweater: 22 via The Rack (oh, the irony! Wearing the brand 22 for outfit 22...hahaha...)

(I also can't help but think that these tights would fix everything...but that might just be a minor obsession talking...)

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I think this is really cute, but maybe what feels off to you is the lack of accessories? I think you need something (a scarf, a necklace?) to connect the bright hue of the coat to the more subdued shade of your tights. It's a great silhouette, though, so well on its way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I see what you mean. I tried a scarf and it didn't seem quite right--perhaps I'll try a necklace next time? At least the silhouette doesn't seem completely off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love those spotted moth tights! And I really like the outfit, maybe all it would have needed is a necklace or some other simple accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, those tights are amazing. I feel like they would probably be the savior to any outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, aren't those tights the best? Too bad they are out of my meager price range...Oh well! Back to my 30 for 30 remix, I say!

    ReplyDelete