Friday, October 8, 2010

September: A Month In Review

New feature time! A Month In Review is when I look back at the month (September, in this case) and look at my purchases. Did I stay strong with my goals? Do I have a pattern? How was my spending?

Maintenant, une nouvelle chose! A Month In Review, c’est quand je revienne sur le mois (Septembre, à ce moment) et je regarde mes achètes. Je me suis maintenu aux buts ? Ai-je eu un motif ? Ai-je dépensé beaucoup ?


Anne Klein Skeleton Watch
Anne_Klein_Automatic_Skeleton_Leather_Strap_Watch
I found this watch (mine has a caramel-colored band) at The Rack and I loved it! I needed one for work, and at $40 it was a bit higher than I wanted to pay...but I've worn it pretty much every day since I bought it, so the PPW is already under $1/day (usually my cut-off line for a good deal vs a not a good deal).

J’ai trouvé ce montre (le mien a un ruban caramel) à The Rack et je l’aime ! Il a fallu que je trouvais un montre pour mon travail, et il coute $40, un peu plus que je voulais dépensé pour un montre…mais je le porte toujours !


Underarmour Shirt (which I transformed into a scoop-neck layering piece)
506100.BK
$2 at the Goodwill? Yes please!

$2 à Goodwill ? Oui !


Naturalizer Oxford Flats
shoes
$4 at the Goodwill. I have worn these sucker so much--they work with skirts and pants, and even though I am still breaking them in a tad, they are still comfy for wearing all day on my feet.

$4 à Goodwill. Je les porte toujours…cette chaussures marche avec des jupes, des pantelons, et elles sont confortables.


Fyrinnae Makeup
m215967851
Yes, I caved. I'm a sucker for their eyeshadows, and I jumped on the order of a friend to get the free shipping (I spent $14). I could never regret Fyrinnae though!

Oui, j’en ai acheté plusieurs. J’adore leurs fards à paupières, et j’ai combiné mon ordre avec l’ordre d’une amie pour avoir des frais d’expédition gratuits.


Outdoor Research Raincoat
SALRD
This was a big ticket item--over $100. However, I've been waiting to get one and Mr. P and I decided to take the plunge this month (we found a deal).

Cette jaquette est cher, mais il y avait une solde et je voulais une jaquette pour la pluie depuis longtemps. Et alors !


Tights
(no photo!)
I bought these tights--brown and black herringbone, from Target, $5--thinking that they would be my go-to neutral tights. I mean, both brown and black? How could that NOT be the ultimate neutral? And yet...you can see by the lack of photos that they are surprisingly absent. I think I wore them once in the past month (a day that I did not photograph). This upcoming month perhaps they will get more wear--I think they just looked a bit heavy and dark for the surprisingly sunny September we've had so far.

J’ai acheté ces collants et je pensais qu’ils seraient le meilleure couleur neutre, parce qu’ils ont brun et noire. Mais…je ne les porte pas souvent. Je crois c’est peut-etre à cause du soleil, et ces collants sont chaleureux. Je crois que je les portrais plus en hiver.


Conclusions
This month I stayed surprisingly on-task. The tights were the only real bust of the month, and they may yet turn around. The Fyrinnae makeup was also not truly necessary...but so much fun! :) I love my oxford flats and my watch, and the raincoat is my first real raincoat EVER. As such , I am tickled pink by the fact that I can be standing outdoors, in the pouring rain, and not feel even damp.

My total for the month blew past my $100 goal due to my rain jacket purchase, but minus that I spent around $65, right on target. I bought 6 items...one over my 5 item goal. Still, not too shabby! Unfortunately, the bad news is that I tried on my Frye boots and they don't fit properly. *sob* So I'm not saving up for anything at the moment, besides saving up to have money in the bank!

Do you tend to buy a ton of similar items, or do you jump around? Have you ever looked at (or tallies up) what you buy in a month?

Ce mois, c’était bien. Les collants sont les seules que je ne porte pas souvent. Le maquillage, ce n’était pas nécessaire, mais je l’aime ! J’adore les chaussures et la jaquette, et je porte le montre toujours (je le porte maintenant !).

J’ai dépensé trop à cause de la jaquette, mais je ne m’inquiète pas. Sans la jaquette, j’ai dépensé $65, et ce n’est pas mal. J’ai acheté six choses. Les nouvelles qui ne sont pas assez bien…j’ai porté les bottes Frye et elles ne marchent pas pour moi. :( Mais c’est pas mal, j’ai trop maintenant !

Vous achetez beaucoup des choses similaires, ou toujours différents? Vous achetez assez combien dans un mois? Plus ou moins que moi?


No comments:

Post a Comment