Sunday, October 3, 2010

Four Ways To Wear Episode 9: Watercolor Silk Shirt

Remember that truckload of Martin & Osa clothing I found at the Goodwill? Well, this shirt was also a purchase from said truckload. It's 100% silk, machine washable, 7$ and originally $120. Awesome-sauce, right?

The Candidate: Silk Martin & Osa shirt

The Goal: A fun, summer shirt that I can also layer to get use in the other seasons. Bonus points for work-appropriateness.

The Results:

IMG_1168
My first thought--easy with jeans.
Shirt: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Jeans: Martin & Osa via Goodwill (it's like there's a trend somewhere...)
Shoes: Unkown, France

IMG_1172
Second thought--the lower part actually has pockets, so it must be a tunic, right? Toss on some leggings, let's see how it looks!
Shirt: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Vest: F21
Leggings: Target
Shoes: Unknown, France

IMG_1180
I wanted to try something a bit more relaxed...bring in faded denim!
Shirt: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Pants: AE via Plato's Closet
Sweater: The Limited via Goodwill
Shoes: Unknown, France

IMG_1158
Now let's try something more teacher-y.
Shirt: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Sweater: Express via Goodwill Outlet
Skirt: Preview Collection via Goodwill
Shoes: Unknown, France

The Verdict: It was very close with this one. While I like some of the outfits (mainly the one with jeans), this shirt was just very difficult to style! The colors are close to my main colors, but not spot on--something I would forgive if the silhouette was more versatile, but it's hard. It is slightly too long for pants, too short for leggings, too casual for work and I'm just not feeling it. I really wanted to love this shirt--honestly, $7 for a $120 shirt with the tags attached!!! However, in the end it would just be $7 for a shirt I'm not in love with, which would take up space in my wardrobe and which I would have to lug around with me from move to move. *sob* My overwhelming joy with the purple Martin & Osa dress throws my lackluster reaction to this shirt into sharp relief. There will be other silk shirts, right? So back it goes, and $7 goes back into my wallet for other items that will mesh in my wardrobe even better. So--nope, out it goes. Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment