Sunday, October 3, 2010

Four Ways To Wear Episode 8: Orchid Silk Dress

Occasionally, the Goodwill by my house will get in clothing from stores that have recently gone out of business. In the case of yesterday, a shipment of clothing from Martin & Osa. Yes, you read that correctly. I bought two things, one of with was this 100% silk dress, machine washable (huge selling point!), with a drawstring waist, with the tags attached, originally ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS and I got it for FOUR DOLLARS. I was seriously bouncing off the ceiling. Fan-fucking-tastic. I love it!!! I actually saw it in the store before it went out of business, and I liked it, but it was waaaay too expensive for me, even on store closing clearance. And now it's miiiiine, all mine! *cackle*

The Candidate: My super mega-awesome Martin & Osa silk dress

The Goal: A breezy summer dress, but also something I can layer to make it appropriate for more than one season. Also, somehow to make it work-appropriate.

The Results:

IMG_1148
Dress: Martin & Osa, via Goodwill!!!!
Necklace: Spotted Moth, giveaway prize
Shoes: Unknown, France

IMG_1134
Dress: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Scarf: Goodwill (also a find on the same trip, but I won't do a Four Ways Episode for it--come on, you've seen how often I wear scarves! Do you doubt I will wear it frequently?)
Tights: F21, gift
Shoes: Unknown, France

IMG_1102
This reminds me of what I would wear as a painter...an awesome painter! I also see this as a go-to weekend lounging outfit.
Dress: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Shirt: Gap via Plato's Closet
Leggings: Target
Boots: Steve Madden

IMG_1156
I think this is one of my favorite looks, honestly. Simple, clean, professional and creative. Awesomeness.
Dress (worn as shirt!): Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Skirt: Nordstrom Brand via Goodwill
Necklace: Spotted Moth, free with giveaway
Shoes: Unknown, France

Verdict: Do you have to ask? Yes, yes yes!

1 comment:

  1. Which may be what is more an outstanding present that i genuinely relished reading through. It's not possible regularly that marilyn and i handle the chance to know anything. Clothing Shop

    ReplyDelete