Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yet Another Goal



Alright y'all, time for a new goal! For the fall, I want to focus on spending conscientiously, especially taking care to buy items of quality that I will want in my wardrobe for a long time. I also want to curb my spending but not necessarily my shopping--shopping is fun for me. It's relaxing, and the thrill of the chase is the best. Therefore, my new goal:

Starting September 1st, for a trial one month period (to be modified or continued as-is at the end of the month) I will be spending 100$ or less, buying 5 items or less, for the entire month. I fully expect to spend less than 100$, but in case I find a perfect pair of boots, or a wool winter coat that fits me amazingly (a needle in a ridiculously large haystack, to be sure), I want my wiggle-room. I can also roll money/items over from one month to the next (thus, why I might need to modify at the end of the month).

My wardrobe is shaping up nicely, and while there are still a few items I have my eye out for (warm cardigans, denim dark-wash high-waisted pencil skirt, full black knee-length skirt, cute scarves, brogues, boots--my neverending quest), I do not need to be adding volume to my wardrobe. I have quite enough pieces as is, made abundantly clear with my wardrobe count-up.

Now, for what is included in the items--all clothing, accessories, hair products and makeup (except Fyrinnae, because, let's face it--I love Fyrinnae, I rarely place an order, and when I do, it will be for the 20$ worth for free shipping, and the stuff is so cheap that that would wipe me out completely in items for the month. Therefore, one order at Fyrinnae=one item).

So...let the games begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment