Friday, December 3, 2010

Twenty Six Cantons in Switzerland

I really wanted to rush through this week, double posting so I could go shopping right away this weekend...but then I decided that it would go against the spirit of the challenge. I have one backlogged outfit I have to edit the photos of, and that puts me at Monday being my last day of the challenge and Tuesday being my first day of freedom.

IMG_2112

What is everyone going to do once the 30 for 30 is over? I am definitely going to grab the basic gray Hue tights I wanted to buy but did not, to replace both of my gray tights with holes in them. Then, it's hello, rest of my wardrobe! Funny enough, however, I am not extremely tired of my 30 items. I miss a few of the items that didn't make the cut, but I will not be avoiding these 30 items after Monday.

IMG_20981


I will also be making a massive tour of the thrift shops that have been sorely missed this past month--not necessarily to buy anything (this month has definitely taught me that my wardrobe is sufficient) but just as a way to reacquaint myself with some of my favorite haunts. It's weird, but I feel like the 30 has just begun--it's unbelievable to think that it's been a month!

What are your plans?
Has this month seemed uber-long, or has it just flown by for you?
Are you itching to put on anything that is not one of your 30 items? Or would you be content to continue wearing the same items for awhile longer?

IMG_2117
Jeans: Martin & Osa via Goodwill
Boots: Steve Madden
Shirt: Tricot Jolie via Plato's Closet layered over Underarmour via Goodwill
Blazer: H&M
Necklace: Spotted Moth via Giveaway

6 comments:

  1. I love your outfit!! Super cute! That blazer is really awesome, and the boots rock! I'm impressed with all the remixers! (Although I probably should go on a shopping ban for a while!) I love the braid in your hair too! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment! :) I've been having a lot of fun with the shopping ban, actually. It was hard at first (and still is!) but it's nice having a bit of a breathing break, to evaluate why I buy what I do. It also gives me a chance to sit, think and stew over what I actually want, instead of always chasing the next 'unicorn.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that blazer! I bet you are super excited to be able to shop again. I know I sure would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind wearing some of my 30 items for a little bit longer. There still some outfit combos left in them. Love your nail polish. What brand and color is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I'm glad you stopped by so I could discover yours. Really like your style and how your remix has darks with bright pops of color, also really like how you mix different patterns.
    Not to mention, you have gorgeous hair!

    I also will be wrapping up soon, excited to get at the rest of my wardrobe but it's all been easier than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaydee-I am pretty excited, haha, although I'm surprised I'm not more over the moon about it. Perhaps it hasn't yet sunk in... :)

    Stephanie-I was surprised at just how many outfit combos I could make with my 30 items! My nail polish is OPI Shim-Merry Chic. I absolutely love it, too--one coat is a nice wash of color, two is what I had in the photos, and three gives a rich deep brown.

    Alessandra-You are so sweet! Thank you for your compliments. :) I am still defining my style, but I've been having fun with it so far and I'm glad to see my work is paying off. This remix was easier than I thought it would be as well!

    ReplyDelete