Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of School

(With the kids, at least!) It was gloomy, raining and overall just dreary on the official first day of school. I knew I wanted to wear my leather boots and this orangey tweed skirt, and I just built up from there. Upon further reflection, it felt too much like a 'costume' and not enough like me--I think it was the addition of the hat, which I love but which definitely has a unique look, plus the jacket, which is cool but not really me (yet! I still want to work it into my wardrobe somehow), plus the skirt. It's a whole lot of color and a whole lot of look, especially given my penchant for neutrals.

IMG_0927
Skirt: Vintage via Goodwill Outlet
Tights: F21, gift
Boots: Steve Madden
Scarf: Selfmade
Coat: Bebe via Goodwill
Gloves: Target, gift
Shirt (unseen): Tricot Jolie via Plato's
Hat: H&M (I've had it for six years now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment