Thursday, July 1, 2010

Everyone Has A Stodgy Professor on the Inside

This is the last big item that I bought in my shopping spree--a houndstooth suit jacket. It called out to the stodgy old professor in me, crying out 'if you are a teacher, you MUST take me home.' The only thing it is missing is elbow patches, but I assume that those must be earned by countless hours grading papers with my elbows on a desk, slowly wearing through the chocolate brown and cream checked fabric. It is a neutral-on-neutral pattern in atypical-for-me neutral colors (i.e. not black or gray, my go-to neutrals of choice), but my only concern is the very structured feel to the jacket. Here I paired it with blue cords and a black sweater, but I think it would also look good with any of the three skirts I will be making. The unstructured black or light-neutral skirts will hopefully counterbalance the uber-structure of the jacket, while the pencil skirt will (I'm guessing) compliment the structure but tone down the formality of the blazer.

One thing I love--it is not black. I own three (!!!) black blazers, as well as a few other black blazer-type jackets, and this will be a refreshing change.





Blazer: American Eagle Outfitters via Plato's Closet
Sweater: (also from this shopping trip) Tricot Joli via Plato's Closet
Pants: The Merlot via Plato's Closet
Shoes: Unknown from France

(umm...yeah, the staff at Plato's definitely know me by name. I might have a problem...)

No comments:

Post a Comment