Monday, April 26, 2010

First Entry

Well, here it is. My first blog entry. We'll see how long this blogging thing lasts for me--my attention span is notoriously short and I tend to flit from obsession to obsession. However, I've decided to try to make my short bursts of intense focus work for me as I set a series of small goals for myself in an effort to improve me. Think of it as Plummy, but better. These short goals may take a variety of forms, recently including: exercise more (I've been running for three days a week for the past year and a half, with minor incidences of falling off the bandwagon--read: summer and vacations), improve my style (still a major work in progress), improve my hair (dying, bleaching, straightening and blowdrying are apparently not good things...) and improving my nail care (I have started painting my nails regularly, huzzah for good nail care). However, one of the main limiting factors (besides my lack of attention span): lack of funds. Yep, this will not be a fabulous blog full of recent designer acquisitions (or even recent department store acquisitions). I am just graduating from University, my husband and I just bought our first car, and we are completely broke. However, I have joined the no-buy month over at 365 Fashion Rehab for a sense of solidarity in my inability to buy things! But anyways...

One of my recent goals: attempt to take daily outfit pictures to get an idea of what style I am portraying, what is flattering, and what definitely is not. I've been doing this for about two months now and will be posting them here to share what I am learning with all of you. Assuming anyone reads this, of course. :P

Well, first post, might as well do first photo:



















Might as well start off with a relatively flattering one. This was from a semi-formal event that I went to yesterday.
Dress: Goodwill
Belt: Target
Leggings: lol, these are old nylons that I cut the feet off of.
Shoes: I LOVE these shoes. Not very comfy, though. :( Dollhouse. 12$ on clearance from Ross, originally size 6.5 (I am 7.5, somehow these fit). I used my trick of wearing socks in gradually increasing sizes, culminating with wool socks that I then wear, with the shoes on, in the shower (never with leather shoes! only with synthetic, I promise!) to stretch them out to my feet, mold them if you will. My method has worked wonders with these and a few other pairs I have gotten that have been a bit tight!
Earrings: Claires, from a sale over five years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging hehe! I hope you have a good time starting your blog. I know sometimes it's hard to keep it going and thinking of post ideas haha^^

    Your outfit is really lovely and you are so pretty!! The green is a great color for you and I love the belt especially. I like the idea of showing off your outfits/where you got the pieces.

    ReplyDelete