Saturday, May 1, 2010

No Buying Allowed!

This morning I went to a bi-annual garage sale that is hosted by my University. I always go with one of my friends, and I wasn't about to let this year be an exception because I'm on a No-Buy! We got there, I helped said friend look for shelving units and tables (weirdly, none to be had), and I naturally gravitated towards the clothing. I actually did find two things that I enjoyed--a short sleeved gray sweater and a leopard-print sweater--but I stopped, thought to myself 'do I love these enough to fail my No Buy?' and ultimately the answer was 'I don't even love these enough to want to incorporate them into my work wardrobe.' So, I placed them back in their bins with no regret and continued on my merry way. I think the main effect the No-Buy has had on me is just to re-evaluate what I actually want to incorporate into my wardrobe--what is worth it to be included in my precious closet space.

Outfit of the day (well, of awhile ago)

Blazer: Marc for Marc Jacobs, via Nordstrom Rack--quite a bit, compared to what I normally would pay (this cost 60$), but then I realized--I physically could not make this for 60$, with just the cost of materials, not even including time. Plus, it's super cute and awesome for interviews!
Belt: Unknown brand, from Plato's Closet
Dress: Selfmade
Tights: F21
Boots: Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment