Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Opposites Attract?

























This is an example of how the exact same outfit can work for the summer (on the left, with bare legs and flats) and for the winter (on the right, with my new kickass tights and heels). This skirt is pushing shortness for school, so I would never wear it with bare legs and heels in a school setting. However, with the darkness of the tights, the fun heels add a nice pop! Outerwear is the only other thing to change between these two outfits. This shirt is a new one I got in my recent shopping trip--it is Ann Taylor Loft from Plato's Closet, and while on first glance it appeared to be an old lady shirt, on second I was liking it, and after trying it on with my wardrobe I *love* it! The background is creme (neutral!), and the dominant colors in the pattern are cranberry and teal (my primary and secondary colors in my wardrobe). It goes with so many things in my closet.
Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft via Plato's Closet
Skirt: Nordstrom via St. Vincent Thrift
Gray Shoes: Unknown brand, from La Halle de Chaussures in France
Tan Shoes: Covington via Goodwill
Tights: Hue via Plato's Closet (new)

No comments:

Post a Comment